THE MYSTIQUE “MOUNTAINS OF THE MOON”. UTBH 8
Mount Stanley 13 days“Margherita”
Arrive at Entebbe Airport. You are met by UTB Holidays staff and then you are transferred to Emin Pasha Hotel for the night.
After breakfast you have a briefing about the climb by the veteran climber for an hour. At 10:00 a.m. you depart for Kasese with a lunch stop at the Regency Lake View Hotel Mbarara. Dinner and overnight at Tourist Holiday Inn (B).
After breakfast you go to Nyakalengija the road head, engage your guide and porters and then at 10:00 a.m. you start ascending from Nyakalengija 1600m and head to the first hut at Nyabitaba 2650m.
From Nyabitaba ascend to John Matte Hut 3350m.
From John Matte, ascend to Bujuku Hut 3900m.
From Bujuku ascend to Elena Hut 4541m.
Assault on Margherita 5109m the highest point of the range, from Elena do the summit and then return to Elena for the night.
From Elena descend down to Kitandara Hut 4023m .
From Kitandara short ascend on Mount Baker, then descend to Guy Yeoman Hut 3450m.
From Guy Yeoman descend to Nyabitaba Hut.
From Nyabitaba, descend to Nyakalengija roadhead, arriving at 12:00 noon latest. From there you transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, you have lunch at Mweya Safari Lodge. In the after noon you go for the launch trip on the Kazinga Channel and then have the evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight at Mweya Safari Lodge. (L,D) .
After breakfast you proceed to Entebbe with a lunch stop at Masaka arriving late in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight at Laico Lake Victoria Hotel (B,B)
After breakfast you are transferred to the airport for your departure
COST OF SAFARI INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING.
- Fullboard accommodation and meals (as specified in the itinerary).
- Bed & breakfast accommodation at Emin Pasha Hotel, Tourist Holiday Inn and Laico Lake Victoria Hotel.
- Park fees to Rwenzori and Queen Elizabeth National Parks.
- For Rwenzori; Rescue fee, accommodation fee, guide and porters costs and energy.
- Launch trip on the Kazinga Channel.
- Internal transportation for 6 days in a four wheel drive vehicle, inclusive of driver, driver’s allowances, fuel, mileage and taxes.
COST OF SAFARI EXCLUDES THE FOLLOWING.
- Food & equipment for the climb in Rwenzori, however, we can recommend you what to take and help you with its procurement in Kampala
- Any tips to porters, guides, etc.
- Any cost of a personal nature, e.g. drinks, laundry, tips, etc.